- Changeset Comment
- #japan-road-improvement-44 http://tasks.openstreetmap.in/project/44 Aligning existing highways to GSI orthorectified imagery When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
- GSI Japan Satellite (ort)
- Changeset comment
- Pass 1: Realign and merge major highways (motorway-secondary); Create dual carriageways on major highways with link roads and correct oneways
- Use inverse filter
- Pass 2: Realign and merge tertiary; Adding missing tertiary+ highways and link roads; Adding missing bridges/tunnels on tertiary+ highways;
- Pass 3: Realign, merge and add missing unclassified, residential roads, living streets
- Pass 4: Realign, merge and add missing service roads, tracks and paths
- Pass 5: Correct natural features polygons and waterways, add missing bridges, tunnels and viaducts
- Delete the imported
yh:WIDTHtag if required to help combining ways
- Do not reclassify existing roads unless there is a good reason to do so
- Japan drives on the left hand side of the road, make sure the oneways are in the correct direction.