Please map the following features:
highways - including residential, unclassified, living_streets. See India Highway tagging page. Some of the existing highways may not align to current Bing or Mapbox imagery. Please realign if necessary.
If you are a beginner use iD default editor, but if you would like to use the more advanced editor use JOSM. For help with editing, check these quick mapping guides.
Created by Chetan_Gowda - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- primary, secondary, residential, unclassified roads.
- Changeset Comment
- Mapping missing roads around Gurgaon, New Delhi. When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Map missing roads from imagery. Use Bing or Mapbox Satellite as imagery sources.
- Trace missing roads that are visible on the satellite imagery and tag it according to the OSM India highway tagging scheme.
- Most local roads can be tagged as
- Roads in dense residential areas (Lanes or gallis) not suitable for cars can be tagged
highway=trackonly for paths used for agricultural purposes like tractor access to the fields, and
highway=pathfor dirt paths used as a shortcut for walking.
- Realign/improve existing roads and junctions to the centerlines only if necessary.
Finishing a task
Mark tasks as done only after ALL roads have been traced. If you want to leave a task incomplete, you can unlock it to enable others to work on it. Leave a useful comment for others on what work is remaining.