Nashik is selected for "Smart City" list in India in the second round. Nashik has decent road coverage in OpenStreetMap but there is very less number of buildings are mapped. The task area is 108 square kilometer and only 251 buildings are mapped.
The goal of this project is to add buildings in OSM with other building-related information and for this, local mapping community will help. Please use 'Bing Imagery' as a primary image and please align imagery to GPS tracks if available, or to existing features such as roads; if no features are traced, use Bing as 'best aligned' imagery.
Created by Saikat Maiti - Updated - Priority: low
- Entities to Map
- buildings, highway
- Changeset Comment
- #hotosm-project-91 #2018 #nashik When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
- Pick any task.
- If there is nothing to map (buildings or highway), add a comment and mark the task as done. If you see buildings or highway that haven't been traced, please trace.
- Simply draw around the outline of the building and tag them as ‘building’. (building = building in ID, building = yes in JOSM).
- Make sure you SQUARE the corners of square/rectangular buildings (shortcut key = ‘Q’ in JOSM and key = 'S' in iD editor).
- Upload your edits by clicking save (in iD editor or hit upload button in JOSM) and mark the task as done. If you're not done, unlock the task and someone else can complete it.
- Quick Start with OSM.
- Mapping with OpenStreetMap.
- Please refer OpenStreetMap Highway India Page for tagging highway