Hyderabad is one of the major city of India. Approximately 9 million population live in the city. OpenStreetMap has good coverage of both roads and buildings. But it's just a basemap which has no minute details like roads names, addresses, point of interests (POI's), directions related map data. This mapathon is to improve all the above details using local knowledge.
Created by Chetan_Gowda - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- Highways, Point's of Interests (POI's) and other related map features
- Changeset Comment
- Improving #Hyderabad map #mapathon When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
- Choose your neighbourhood or any area to improve it.
- Add missing roads, names of roads, coffee, restaurants, hotels, museum, hospitals, parks, government offices and other map details. Go through Map Features to know more about tagging.
- Improve existing buildings, road geometries. Go through quick tutorials on mapping common features.
- Once you complete mapping, mark the task as done. If you're not done, unlock the task and someone else can complete it.
- Local knowledge